2 1/2 cups unblanched, raw almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, and pepper
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook 1 Tbsp honey and 1 Tbsp water with 1 tsp olive oil, stirring until combined, about 1 minute.
5. Add almonds; toss to coat
6. Transfer nuts to sugar mixture (do not scrape extra glaze into bowl); toss to coat
7. Cool in a single layer.
Nuts will keep for up to 2 weeks -- let cool completely, then store in an airtight container.