While quite good, and an old family favorite, I'll be honest and admit these can be sort of a pain (the pouring of stuff is the most annoying part, and they make a good number, so it's best to have a few mini muffin pans on hand). But, they are something my mom has always made for many special occasions and so something about the holidays usually prompts me to do the same.
Ingredients8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
6 oz chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring in the chips last, and set aside.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and beat well.
4. Fill miniature cupcake pans (lined with paper cups) 1/3 full with chocolate mixture
5. Drop 1 tsp of cheese-chip mix into middle.
6. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, removing before cream cheese mix browns.
(Adjust using normal conventions for high-altitude...paying special attention NOT to overcook).