I just barely tweaked this recipe from Recipegirl for my brother-in-law's bday treat. I wish I had baked it about 3 or 4 minutes less, but otherwise they were great. A really tasty deep buttery flavor!
2¼ cups flour (+1-2Tbsp for altitude)
1 tsp baking powder (-1/8 tsp for altitude)
1/2 tsp salt
¾ cup butter, softened
2¼ cups brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 regular-sized butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan, or a Baker's Edge pan
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
5. Stir in flour mixture and about 2/3 of crushed butterfingers.
6. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed butterfinger bars over top of batter.
7. Bake 30- 35 minutes [I would check after 20 or 25min though, esp if making in a Baker's Edge], or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.