Sunday, October 18, 2009

Carrot cake bars with peanut butter and bacon chips


Threw this recipe together after being inspired by this. Not totally happy with how things turned out -- next time I will add a little more butter and one less egg to make it more like a bar and less like a cake. I think it could also use a little more salt, and think that drizzling the bars with a melted butter and brown sugar glaze before the cream cheese frosting drizzle would be good too.
And, even though I hate to admit it, I don't think the candied bacon added that much. I think I'd stick with PB chips, carrot, and substitute walnuts for raisens next time too.
They're not at all bad though, just not what I envisioned!

1 box carrot cake mix with raisen/carrot mixture included
3/4 cup melted butter (would increase to 1 cup)
1 1/4 cup water (would decrease to 1 cup)
2 eggs (would use 1)
1 10oz bag PB chips
1/2 cup candied bacon pieces

Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 pan. Mix first 4 ingredients well, stirring in PB chips and candied bacon. Bake for about 30 min, until knife comes out almost clean. Drizzle with slightly warmed cream cheese frosting (and maybe some butter/brown sugar drizzle too).


No comments:

Post a Comment