Monday, February 16, 2009

Thin Mint No-Bake Cheesecake


I made this after inspired by a recipe from Baking Bites. Unfortunately, I didn't have the ingredients it needed so I made another type of cheesecake I found online. I wouldn't do this again...in fact, while this is a good idea in theory, if I made this again I would make a regular baked cheesecake w/ thin mint crust and maybe mix in some thin mint chunks.

I'll post the way I made it the first time here, as it wasn't *that* bad...mint isn't really my thing anyway, so it was part of Scott's Valentine's Day gift and he seems to be enjoying it just the same.

No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake with Thin Mint Crust

1 box Thin Mint-type cookies*
2 tbsp butter, softened

16-oz cream cheese, softened (low fat is fine)
1 package Dream Whip
1 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)

1. Lightly butter the sides, but not the bottom, of a 9-inch springform pan.In a food processor, whiz together Thin mints and butter until mixture is coarse crumbs. Press cookie crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate crust for 20-30 minutes.
2. Soften cream cheese; beat with sugar until smooth.
3. Prepare dream whip according to pkg directions
4. Fold dream whip into cheese mixture.
5. Pour cheesecake filling into prepared pan and rap gently on the counter to even out the surface of the cake and shift any large air bubbles out of the batter. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, until well-set. Slice with a warm, clean knife to get neat slices.
Serves 8-10.

*A box of Thin Mints (or Grasshoppers, which are the same things but cheaper and available year-round!) should have 36 cookies in it. I used 32 cookies for my crust. While you can incorporate all of them, I liked using the leftovers to garnish the top of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment