Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Snickerdoodle Blondies

I found this recipe on Dozen Flours blog and had to try it. It's one of those classic-looking recipes, and one that I happened to have all the ingredients for in the house already (plus, how can something not be good with 1 cup of butter + 2 cups brown sugar?!) I think it turned out well, even if I botched the cooking time slightly. I did mine in my Baker's Edge pan and didn't do it long enough. (Overcompensating for the PB chocolate bars being cooked too long I guess!) That being said, they still taste delicious, if a bit gooey. The only changes I made were doing 3tsp/3Tbsp cinnamon/sugar on top (vs. 2 and 2) and I added white chocolate chips to half the batter per Scott's request. I have to say that while I tend to love just the simple bars without added chocolate, others thought it was a good suggestion...

Snickerdoodle Blondies
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 (or 3) tablespoons white sugar
2 (or 3) teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 cups white chocolate chips, if desired

Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish.)
Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
Bake 25-30 (30-35 with Baker's Edge?) minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Yields: ~20-25 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment